The Chapman building was named in honor of Charles C. Chapman, Fullertonís first mayor. A successful businessman, Chapman believed in the industrious people of the area. Being from Chicago, Chapman envisioned this building to be just like the skyscrapers being developed in the big city. Built in 1923, the five story design made it the tallest building in Orange County.
Throughout the 50ís the Chapman building went through rough times. The building started to show wear, and maintenance was not properly managed. Many spaces in the building became unfilled, and stayed vacant.
In the 80ís, an attaching parking structure was completed and renovations were made to the building. Once completed the Chapman building had returned to its original spender, and has since become an attractive spot for all types of operations.